hive 2 backplate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im finally getting around to installation of hive.

Its a 2 channel one that does pumped ch and gravity hw.
Ive taken the old control unit off (ls241) The backplate fits the hive.

The thermostat is a bg dial type rs2 . It has 3 wires that when metered out goes to the backplate (a neutral wire is chocblocked with neutral from wiring centre).

When I remove the old thermostat from the backplate it will leave the terminals 4, empty and a neutral ggoing nowhere.

Do I bridge out the tthermostat ?
Does no 4 terminal stay empty ?
What happens to the neutral from chocblock.

My wiring centre has no legend

Attachments

• IMG_20161108_165329.jpg
    IMG_20161108_165329.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 383
Sponsored Links
Green yellow wire used as current carrying conductor- not recommended.

This is way the wiring is. I haven't touched it.
I see someone has used earth wire on it. And on the thermostat they used a black sleeve on the earth

Sponsored Links
Easiest way is just to clip the hive onto that back plate then link out the RS2.

And for what's it's worth your systems a yplan by the looks of it not gravity HW.

To link out the thermostat. I remove the red wire (far right) , the earth and remove neutral from the connection block.

What do I do witbh the other neutral in the block, just leave it in block?

Does the terminal I removed red from just stay empty.

What terminals do I use to bridge out the thermostat

link out thermostat wires where the RS2 is on the wall. If you take the red out of the backplate heating wont work.
Alternatively you can do this at the systems wiring centre but unless youve wired up a few heating systems i wouldnt.

Thanks bud .
My wiring centre has no legend, just a tangle of wires . Joining the two wires into a connector block at thermostat seems easier .

Or cut wires back to the reciever and join them their.

Thanks for your help petit-pablo.

I will do that. Hide it with the wifi thermostat.

Cause I would have cut it back to reciever, took away the earth from the old thermostat and joined the red and black signal wires to the earth teether. Making it tidy. As the hive reciever won't fit flush cause of the chocblock

If that black wire is the SL from the thermostat then it will be better as you just said. You can get rid of the red wire in 4 and just use the black in the choc block straight to 4 completely removing that wiring for the stat then.

Had another look at the wiring picture. That grey sheathed cable is the room stat wiring right?
Remove it completly and just put the spare black that was in the choc block into four.

Yeah gray sheath is stat. With just the 3 wires to stat ( inclusive of earth).

So take red wire out reciever. Connect the neutra ( black that's in chocy box ) l from the white sheath to the vacant red connection

Yeah gray sheath is stat. With just the 3 wires to stat ( inclusive of earth).

So take red wire out reciever. Connect the neutra ( black that's in chocy box ) l from the white sheath to the vacant red connection
Yea, they arent neutrals assuming its connected to the small terminal block in the RS2

They were signal wirea. Did what you said and removed wiring . Working perfect. Just messing with it on phone.
Thanks for all your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back