Hive 2 install on a Honeywell T45 controller HELP?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all trying to install hive 2 to my central heating system, I have a separate water tank

I have managed to wire it up and got the hot water working remotely and correctly but I cannot figure out how to wire the central heating bit up to the new hive controller

There are no wires connected into port 2 on my new hive system as I don't know what wire to connect to the port?

I have attached pictures off the old wiring and the new controller wiring and if anyone can help I would appreciate it thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 220
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
Port 2 is not used; there doesn't need to be anything connected to it.

Please supply more info about your system.

I can't really see from the photos, but does the wiring match from the old to the new? Some of the wires look to be in different terminals, but it might just be the photos, or my eyes. A clear photo of the old wiring would be good!

Hi sorry for poor quality picture here is a better one if its still no good I can wire up the old programmer and get water and heating working and show you that wiring?

Here is a better picture

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 295
Sponsored Links
The Hive looks to be wired correctly. Do you have an existing room thermostat? If so then this needs by passing by joining the live and switched live wires together and if there is one making the neutral safe.
Or better still disconnecting it in the wiring centre and joining the feed from terminal 4 to the white wire on the valve.
If you need help on how to do that post a picture of the connections inside the wiring centre.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back