Hive to Danfoss model 102

It go's into a block and then changes to white?? looks like a right mess. look at the bottom of the photo

Sponsored Links
This is the block

Attachments

• IMG-20210313-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210313-WA0004.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 66
remove the tape and post a pic so we can see what has been done, you are correct a total mess

Sorry for late reply hope this is right?

Attachments

• 1f59d28f-a9f1-4fc7-84ff-3fee4ff8920c.jpg
    1f59d28f-a9f1-4fc7-84ff-3fee4ff8920c.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 978de968-1e61-4399-b152-6198e1f642fa.jpg
    978de968-1e61-4399-b152-6198e1f642fa.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 66d27985-88d8-428a-9d70-7b266f028a04.jpg
    66d27985-88d8-428a-9d70-7b266f028a04.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 63
Sponsored Links
OK no reply about the wiring block so I assumed it doesn't matter so I have installed the hive it works of sorts and I haven't blown anything up.

Apologies for the non reply, as @ianmcd asked for the photos, I assumed he would reply.

Hopefully you will now have made the electrical connections safely, so that they are in an enclosed junction box to insulate them properly, and the cables are securely fixed / clamped, so that the electrical connections are just electrical connections, and are not responsible for the mechanical support of the cables. What is shown in your photos is potentially dangerous.
it works of sorts.
You should have a wire in Hive Terminal 1 (Hot water off) that goes to the motorised valve's grey wire. If that is missing, it won't work properly. Alternatively you can set the Hive to 'gravity mode' as mentioned previously. This will automatically switch the hot water 'on' at the same times that the heating is set to be 'on', and the system will wok as it did with the Danfoss 102.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply so all I need to do is run a new wire from Hive T1 OFF to the grey wire in the terminal block.

Apologies for the non reply, as @ianmcd asked for the photos, I assumed he would reply.

Hopefully you will now have made the electrical connections safely, so that they are in an enclosed junction box to insulate them properly, and the cables are securely fixed / clamped, so that the electrical connections are just electrical connections, and are not responsible for the mechanical support of the cables. What is shown in your photos is potentially dangerous.

You should have a wire in Hive Terminal 1 (Hot water off) that goes to the motorised valve's grey wire. If that is missing, it won't work properly. Alternatively you can set the Hive to 'gravity mode' as mentioned previously. This will automatically switch the hot water 'on' at the same times that the heating is set to be 'on', and the system will wok as it did with the Danfoss 102.
sadly @stem I do have other things to do , I dont wait all day untill someone posts pics , but as they have and your good self has answerd then I will be able to go out again at times :LOL::LOL:

so all I need to do is run a new wire from Hive T1 OFF to the grey wire in the terminal block.

If by "the grey wire in the terminal block" you are referring to the point where the grey wire from the motorised valve is connected, then yes, as per the diagram I posted earlier. You will see that the MV's grey wire is shown connected to Hive 1 via the terminal marked 7 in the example below.

Wiring.jpg

sadly @stem I do have other things to do , I dont wait all day untill someone posts pics , but as they have and your good self has answerd then I will be able to go out again at times :LOL::LOL:
Indeed, and of course I wasn't being critical. When someone specifically asks for photos or info, I usually try to avoid sticking my oar in before they have replied first, which is why I didn't respond initially. I hadn't noticed that there had been an 11 day lapse since the photos were posted without a reply, so apologised to the OP. Hopefully he'll be able to sort it now.

If anyone has to apologise its me I can't always do things the same day even the next but I do appreciate all the help.

Indeed, and of course I wasn't being critical. When someone specifically asks for photos or info, I usually try to avoid sticking my oar in before they have replied first, which is why I didn't respond initially. I hadn't noticed that there had been an 11 day lapse since the photos were posted without a reply, so apologised to the OP. Hopefully he'll be able to sort it now.
No offence taken @stem I was teasing hence the smileys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back