Hive 2 Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm having some difficulties working out the correct method to install the Hive 2 system.

I currently have an Ideal HE15 boiler and would like to install the receiver on the current backplane (photo attached). It's a dual channel receiver( wiring photo attached)

I also need to decommission the existing thermostat as I will be placing the new wireless thermostat in its position. ( photo attached)

Questions are:

1. Can I attach the new receiver on to the existing backplane without any reconfiguration of the existing wiring?

2. Which is the best way to disable the current thermostat. I was wondering if the thermostat needed to be disconnected at the receiver backplane or inside the boiler itself?

I have heard that you can keep the existing thermostat turned up to max whilst running the new wireless thermostat but I would prefer to remove it and keep the existing cabling in the wall if I should ever need to revert back.

Thanks in advance.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Reciever goes straight on that backplate with no changes.

If you want the easy option... Link out the common and demand wires of your thermostat, make safe all the others as well in a terminal block and put the Hive thermostat backplate on top of the hole where the wires are and attach. Wires are then still there for future use but Hive will take over.

Thanks for your answer.

So can you just clarify for me, the brown wire on the far right is marked common but this wire is just linking to a live terminal the 3rd one along.

I've got grey with a blue sleeve in N

Brown in L

Black with brown sleeve in ON

Another brown linking L to COM

Which wires do I need to put together from the terminal block and which should be isolated on their own?
image.png

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 212
I looked more closely at your image now I'm home.

Remove the current brown link wire. Now link L and 1 only in one terminal. Make safe the blue sleeved wire in a separate terminal. Done.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back