Hive - 2 zones - plus hot water wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had trouble finding this information so thought I'd post for anyone else to use.

I have 2 heating zones (up/down stairs) and hot water.
I believe it is S-Plan Plus.
Mains pressure system.
3 x 2 way valves.

Wire colours are indicative of my installation.

Obviously you need to check this is suitable before using!

Hive upgrade 2024 Without live link.jpg

Sponsored Links
There are a number of observations.
1) Drayton Wiser do a three zone thermostat designed for two central heating zones and DHW and even has OpenTherm so why use Hive?
2) If using any thermostat able to connect to TRV heads so each room is it's own zone, why then in essence zone the zones?

So I would either use the Drayton Wiser or combine the two central heating zones so you are not zoning the zones unless there was some thing special like the two zones being main house and flat rather than areas within the same house.

There are a number of observations.
1) Drayton Wiser do a three zone thermostat designed for two central heating zones and DHW and even has OpenTherm so why use Hive?
2) If using any thermostat able to connect to TRV heads so each room is it's own zone, why then in essence zone the zones?

So I would either use the Drayton Wiser or combine the two central heating zones so you are not zoning the zones unless there was some thing special like the two zones being main house and flat rather than areas within the same house.

Hello.

1) Hive is designed to be used in multi zone systems, but in a modular format, it can be expanded to more zones if required, unlike others. As I understand it, the Drayton does not have geo-location features.

1000020602.jpg

2) My thermostats are for upstairs & downstairs (as dictated by the plumbing!). They connect to a 2 way valve each in my airing cupboard (plus a 3rd for the DHW). I'm not zoning zones, all my radiators have traditional 'mechanical' TRVs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back