hive 2nd zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I just recently installed Hive active heating and all went well (I think), but I want to put a second thermostat in the living room. I know I need a separate receiver to go with the thermostat but I just don't know where to put the receiver. The thermostat in the living room is a Danfoss tp 7000 which has brown and black wires connected, this I presume I will isolate and replace with Hive thermostat. I have a Danfoss wb12 in the airing cupboard upstairs, is this where I will need to locate my second Hive receiver. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There isn't really a straight forward answer. I assume that the existing thermostat in your lounge is already wired up as a separate zone from the Hive you have already installed and has its own motorised valve.

You can put the receiver wherever you like really. It depends upon your personal preferences and the layout of your home. Try and get it reasonably close to the thermostat with as few walls and large metal objects between them for the best signal between the two.

You will of course have to run new wires to the second receiver wherever you decide to locate it, so that will no doubt have a bearing on where you choose. The receiver needs: A 230V supply that should come from the same 3A fused supply as the boiler and original receiver, to provide it with power. And, the switching wires that will presently go to the existing room thermostat.

Thanks for the reply stem, I will ponder my actions over the next few days.
cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back