Hive Active heating multizone - Got the wrong thing??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
after buying Hive light bulbs with the little hub etc, I quite fancy connecting the boiler up too, so bought a Hive Active Heating Multizone....

I don't own any other heating kit from Hive. Will the thing I bought work without buying any other Hive heating "kit".

The reason I'm worried is that on the side of the box (that i seen after opening everything) it states

In order to have Hive Multizone you will have need to purchase Hive Active Heating™ which contains a thermostat, receiver and Hub. For each additional Hive Multizone kit you will receive an additional thermostat and receiver.

All i want is a wifi thermostat that's controllable from a web app, my house is tiny so not bothered about "mulitple zones etc"....did I buy the wrong thing, or can i just wire this up an it should just work?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Normally with the Hive thermostat you to start off with the 'Hive Active Heating Kit' which contains everything you need for a single zone central heating system it includes the Thermostat, Receiver and Hub.

If you then want to control a second heating zone (e.g. upstairs) then a 'Multizone Kit' can be added to provide control of it. It has a thermostat and receiver for the other zone, but it doesn't have a hub because it uses the same one already supplied with the Hive Active Heating Kit.

So, if you already have a Hive hub for your other Hive devices then from a hardware point of view you should have everything you need. However there may be some software that you need that might not be present. I would suggest that you check with Hive directly to be sure. You can email or call them to check, I think they are open until 9pm seven days a week.

[email protected]

Telephone 0333 980 0618

You will also need to have the correct receiver. There are two versions available. A 'single channel' for combi boilers, and a 'dual channel' for systems that require timing for hot water control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back