Hive Active heating single channel receiver replacing time clock

No problem it is all sorted apart from splitting the hw from ch. But very happy with hive so far.
Yes we all have our preferred units to fit and I like the Hive, all have different problems but I find that my customers find the Hive the easiest to operate

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply yeah hive is pretty good, but hive customer support only favour gas boilers, they stated that the single channel wouldn't work with my set up but it did☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Thanks for your reply yeah hive is pretty good, but hive customer support only favour gas boilers, they stated that the single channel wouldn't work with my set up but it did☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

Except it doesn't work properly though does it? The heating will work OK, but the hot water will only be heated when the room in which the Hive thermostat is located switches the central heating on.

Likely you have hot water now because the central heating is on for a reasonable period of time, but in the warmer weather when your heating is on for just short periods as it's being controlled by the temperature in the room where the Hive is, don't be surprised to run out of hot water.......or someone has a bath and empties the hot water cylinder when the house is already warm, no hot water until the house cools down and the radiators come on. In the summer, no hot water at all unless the central heating is working.

Would you be happy, if in your kitchen the oven only worked when you boiled the kettle.......

Sponsored Links
I take your point, thats why I have ordered the correct receiver and I will get the system modified to split the HW from CH, for the moment like you say HW is not an issue.
My current setup will be updated in the next week or so. Thank you for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back