Hive and Ideal Vogue Max?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wired a Hive single channel to my Ideal Vogue Max 40, as per instructions (L>L, N>N, ports 1 and 3 to ‘room stat’ terminals)

I have power to the Hive, but call for heat doesn’t work (boiler sits in standby).

Am I right in thinking I need to add a link cable between L and 1COM in the receiver (thus adding 240v to the switching circuit?)

I’ve seen some suggestions for this online - but not for my boiler. I don’t want to fry volt free terminals!

Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Something is wrong somewhere, I would be testing the wires at the boiler end to see if there is continuity when the Hive is calling for heating.

Any timer/switch on the boiler for heating?

Any timer/switch on the boiler for heating?

No, was a fresh install. I just wired using the link cable between L and COM, still the same!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Did you remove the touch fully? Try removing the switch wires at the boiler and see if this works. If it does then likely a faulty Hive unit. Or test for voltages.

Did you remove the touch fully? Try removing the switch wires at the boiler and see if this works. If it does then likely a faulty Hive unit. Or test for voltages.

Thanks, Chris. Any idea which side of the room stat block is switched and perm?

It doesn’t matter, you just place a link wire between the 2 (how it comes from the factory). Be careful opening the boiler case though, it’s usually part of the combustion circuit, and safety checks need to be carried out afterward.

It doesn’t matter, you just place a link wire between the 2 (how it comes from the factory). Be careful opening the boiler case though, it’s usually part of the combustion circuit, and safety checks need to be carried out afterward.

Thanks for your help mate, so, is this not correct?

No, you want a wire in the other terminal at room stat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back