Hive and Vaillant 832

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, would like a bit of advise. I have just had a Vaillant 832 plus combi boiler installed. On my previous boiler I had Hive system installed. Now i basically want to get this installed on the Vaillant. Can anyone help get wired up. I have done a bit of research on this but want to confirm my findings.

From the hive Receiver I have the following :

hive.JPG

Im not too sure where it needs to be wired.

According to the manual. This will be wired in X100 (burner off) but since this is 230v I need to wire the live and neutral to X1 ? is that correct ? But does that get wired to RT in X1, or do i wire it with the mains ?

vaillant.JPG

Any help would be appreciated here.

Thanks

Tas

Sponsored Links
Step 1 - you need to be Gas Safe Registered if you want to remove the front casing of the boiler and access the electrics, as the casing forms the room seal and should therefore only be removed by a GSR Engineer

Step 2 - call a GSR Engineer who is skilled in wiring heating controls

Well that's that then :D
fair enough, wasn't aware of that. Thanks !

so to ask another question, what sort of price would i expect to pay a GSR engineer to do that ?

Sponsored Links
In London.ill call around later and see what price they give ! Thanks

Bg will supply and fit and set up for 199 at the moment I think.

well, that was my fault. I didn't want it installed. Was going to get something else. Then figured that it will be easy to install myself, and here we are.

I had a sparky friend come over and help, instructions below for the single channel hive receiver

The L/N/E from the fused spur will already be wired in at the X1 terminal to power the boiler

wiring instructions for the hive receiver to the boiler
I used a 5 core cable bought from Screwfix

– Hive Receiver to Boiler at X1
L to L (brown)
N to N (blue)
1 to L (black)
3 to RT 230v (grey)
E thether to E (green/yellow)

Took a while to get 3 wires in to the Live connection at x1, so take your time on it.

Important**
Remove the looped wire at the RT 24V (x100)

Also a similar thread on this post
//www.diynot.com/diy/threads/hive-2-on-vaillant-ecotec-plus-831.456243/

then just follow the steps to connect the thermostat and internet controls

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back