Hive Dual Channel replacing Honeywell BDR91 & ST9100c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would like to replace my existing Honeywell ST9100C HW controller and BDR91 CH receiver with a Hive dual channel receiver. The system has an immersion tank for the HW.

The BDR91 is wired as follows:
BDR91.jpg

The ST9100C is wired as follows:

ST9100C.jpg

These 2 cables go back to a 10 way junction box which also has cables for the boiler, fused spur, pump, 3-port valve and HW stat.

I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to wire in the new Hive controller so that the 2 cables coming out of the JB to serve the BDR91 and ST9100c are replaced with a single cable to the Hive.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• ST9100C.jpg
    ST9100C.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 162
  • BDR91.jpg
    BDR91.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 148
Sponsored Links
I think you may need Hive single channel, as your Honeywell St9100c is a single channel, unless you are heating hot water via the boiler with the Hive?

Hi Chris - the hot water and central heating will be through the boiler and both will be controlled by the Hive

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Please bear in mind, I’m not 100% with wiring yet. However there maybe someone who can clarify what I’ve put?

It appears that your existing setup, that the thermostat is wired directly to the 3 port? You need to trace the wiring of the receiver first and decommission this. Open up your wiring center and I think it’s wire the Hive terminals to the terminal strip:
Hw on - 3 on Hive to number 8 on strip
Heat on - 4 on Hive to number 6 on strip
Hw off - 1 on Hive to number 7 on strip

Obviously you need permanent Live and permanent Neutral, and earths should be self explanatory

Hopefully, this is what you’re trying to replicate:

Attachments

• E1BF62D2-CFAA-41B8-84CC-621AE7F45E00.jpeg
    E1BF62D2-CFAA-41B8-84CC-621AE7F45E00.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 196
It appears that your existing setup, that the thermostat is wired directly to the 3 port?

Yes, looks that way via terminal 7

Thanks for this Chris. Live, Neutral and Earth I'm ok with but still getting my head around control wiring.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back