Hive Hub 2 System not working on CH

If the OP had just installed the Hive, that would have been my first thought, but he said....
had new boiler and hive system fitted by British Gas ..about 5 years ago...has worked perfectly ok for the past 5 years.
As the problem has occurred only of late, the permanent live must have been there and has only 'disappeared' or become 'intermittent' recently. It shouldn't be too much of a problem to check the permanent live wiring between the fused connection and the boiler.

Sponsored Links
many many thanks everyone... much appreciated..

out of frustration i had a look today at the Mid-position valve (BANiCO) that i had fitted other week as i thought initially it was that and the return spring didnt seem to be working and the system started working ok when i fitted it the other week...
To my horror.. the return spring didnt seem to be working on the one i fitted other week !!!!... yet was ok when i fitted it...and system worked ok...
Again as something to do and as a bit of elimination .. i pushed the boat out and bought a bit more expensive Drayton Valve.. ( i can only hope Santa brings me a Honeywell model or i take out a loan )
System drained , fitted and all OK again,,, everything operational , all commands accepted and Boiler responds accordingly...( perhaps if a supply issue there may be something wrong with the BANiCO internal wiring.. as the wiring connections i made appeared OK but spring wasnt working either)...
.... fingers crossed nothing happens to this one....
...............Her indoors has told me to turn the heating down as its too hot !!!!!!!!! ( not being toooo sexist but is that Lady Talk for " thanks for working your rocks off for the past week " ???? )
I dont understand power supply issue suggestions..
The system was fitted in 1988 ( part of a new build ) with one power feed as per same fused switch on photos..
Changed original clockwork Landis Gyr for a Electronic Landis Gyr fair few years ago as it was just a case of clipping the new unit into the original position..( where receiver is in photos )
Finally Boiler had its day and about 4-5 yrs ago British Gas Fitted new Glowworm Boiler and the Hive system as part of an offer they had on , same time removing the wired in old thermostat in the hall..
They used the existing single supply to the same location the Landis Gyr control was, replacing it with Hive Receiver...
So system still only has the one supply originally fitted in 1988... ( that i am aware of )
At this moment in time i dont think im going to mess about arranging a separate supply... but thanks for suggestions and ideas....

thanks again all... happy xmas, happy new year and of course as we all know at this time ... Take Care , Stay Safe...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back