Hive Installation - Worcester Greenstar 24I Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
First Post here and many thanks already for any replies. So I wanted to install a hive smart system to this boyler, Hive Active Heating Self Install Smart Thermostat. Atm I have a drayton digistar scr receiver wired to the boyler and a room thermostat that regulates the usual. Will it be just a simple case of replacing it with the nest receiver and rewire exactly as it is wired now or will I need to change something? Attaching a pic of the current wiring.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Attachments

• 20220105_134150.jpg
    20220105_134150.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 20220105_134136.jpg
    20220105_134136.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 141
Sponsored Links
As long as you are using a single channel hive, no wiring needed, the hive will plug straight on to the existing backplate

As long as you are using a single channel hive, no wiring needed, the hive will plug straight on to the existing backplate
Sorry what's the difference between a single channel and dual? My boiler is a combi will the single channel be OK? Cheers mate

Sponsored Links
Sorry what's the difference between a single channel and dual? My boiler is a combi will the single channel be OK? Cheers mate
Single channel are for 1 channel eg heating
Dual channel are for heating and hot water.

Single will be fine, but a Nest receiver will not work with a Hive.

Single channel are for 1 channel eg heating
Dual channel are for heating and hot water.

Single channel can be used where the boiler uses ELV ( Extra Low Voltage ) for it's control circuit inputs

Dual channel can only be used on boilers with control circuit inputs that use 230 V AC on the inputs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back