Hive Mini Installation Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys n Gals,

Really sorry to bring this topic up again. I've trailed through the previous discussions on this, but I'm still having issues with me installation.

I have a Hive Mini thermostat and receiver that I want to connect to my Ideal Vogue C40 Gen 3 combi boiler.

I've wired it up myself exactly the way other forums have described. I didn't buy a hub, as I was told that my Alexa Echo account will work just fine.

Like I said, I've used compatible 5 core heating cable to wire the receiver directly to the boiler (live, neutral and earth) and the additional 2 core (black and grey) are required for the 'heating on' aspect. These are wired to common 1 and 3 in the Hive receiver, as directed to.

The Hive thermostat is successful paired to the receiver and to the Alexa account. However, when I turn the heating on (either with the Hive thermostat or Alexa), the receiver turns on. But the boiler remains in standby mode and the heating doesn't turn on.

Can anyone help?!

I've been told my original wireless ideal vogue thermostat has to be uninstalled before the Hive can take full charge. However, I don't want to do this if I still can't get the Hive to work, as I don't want to be left wolithout any heating.

Sponsored Links
I've been told my original wireless ideal vogue thermostat has to be uninstalled before the Hive can take full charge. However, I don't want to do this if I still can't get the Hive to work, as I don't want to be left wolithout any heating.
Yes, you need to remove this for it to work. Try it set on maximum for now, see if it brings the heating on.

If that doesn't work, perhaps a little more information would be useful....
I've used compatible 5 core heating cable to wire the receiver directly to the boiler (live, neutral and earth) and the additional 2 core (black and grey) are required for the 'heating on' aspect. These are wired to common 1 and 3 in the Hive receiver, as directed to.
The connections you describe are correct for a Hive Single Channel Receiver, but you don't say where the black and grey wires are connected to at the other end. They should be connected to the boilers thermostat terminals marked Room Stat / Timer as below.....

abc.png

Sorry, yes, the black and grey wires are connected to the room stat terminals. I just removed the red link wire first, as directed.

Sponsored Links
I've removed the ideal i touch transceiver and the boiler still won't engage when I turn the heating on via the hive thermostat. It's go to be something really simple or obvious that I'm simply overlooking. Unless the hive system just needs throwing in the bin.

Transceiver? Do you mean the receiver, handset or both?

The built-in receiver, in which I've unplugged from the original wiring loom. So that there's no conflict between the original ideal wireless thermostat and the new hive thermostat.

I've basically done everything that I've been instructed to do and it's still not working

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The built-in receiver, in which I've unplugged from the original wiring loom. So that there's no conflict between the original ideal wireless thermostat and the new hive thermostat.
Can you show us a picture of the receiver, and the wiring loom you have disconnected it from.
Rather than simply being removed, it may need 'bridging out', i.e. some of the wires behind the receiver, would need connecting back together.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
The display on the boiler, where it states the room thermostat or timer is off, can this be manually changed, or does it change with the wireless one?

Yea, as you can see in the 3 pictures. I remove the receiver box from the boiler (pic 1). Then connect both connectors (pic 2), into each other, as stated in the Ideal Vogue installation manual. Then reconnect the black and grey wires into the room stat connector (pic 3). But the Hive still won't turn the boiler on.

Just for into, I've replaced the original wiring loom, so that we have heating..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back