Hive Mini Installation Issues

The display on the boiler, where it states the room thermostat or timer is off, can this be manually changed, or does it change with the wireless one?
I remove the red link wire to disengage the boilers room stat/timer.

Sponsored Links
It may sound like a bodge, but can you try connecting your black and grey wires into the frost stat terminals?

If there are any problems with which timer has authority, often the frost stat connections are capable of overriding them.

...either that, or find the missing link wire highlighted by @stem in post #12.
It may even still be there, rattling around loose in the compartment behind the Touch RF receiver!

Last edited:
And did you reinstate the wire link that was removed from the end of the wiring loom when the built in receiver.

And did you reinstate the wire link that was removed from the end of the wiring loom when the built in receiver was fitted.

View attachment 324536
There is a wire loom that I found. But I thought this was removed from the Opentherm connector when the boiler was installed. When I remove the blanking plate, the plug that went into it, gets plugged into a spare plug on the same wiring spur (according to the Ideal installation manual). Where would the spare wire loom connect to?

There is a wire loom that I found. But I thought this was removed from the Opentherm connector when the boiler was installed. When I remove the blanking plate, the plug that went into it, gets plugged into a spare plug on the same wiring spur (according to the Ideal installation manual). Where would the spare wire loom connect to?
I'm sorry, I'm a little unsure of what you are trying to say here.
Behind the receiver, there should be a connector, and this is where a link plug should go...
Screenshot_20231211-095822_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Can you post some pictures of what you are trying to describe?

Sponsored Links
That's a much better picture than the one I found. (y) :giggle:
And did you reinstate the wire link that was removed from the end of the wiring loom when the built in receiver was fitted.

1702290719612.png

Replacing the the little plug closes the circuit that would be left open by the removal of the receiver.

Gents, I've finally resolved the issues, phew! I located a purple link wire with connector in with the boiler documents. The only place it fits is in the connector left behind when I remove the Ideal receiver. I plugged it in and it started working immediately. Balance has been restored. Thanks for all your time and patience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back