Hive receiver cable, where does it go?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yet another Hive question! I’m replacing my Honeywell BDR91A with a Hive and thanks to this forum I know exactly what to do with the wiring.

However, in all of the pictures/videos I’ve seen, there is space between the front and back plates for the cable that runs to the boiler. On my one, there isn’t. On my old receiver, there is a hole on the back for the cable to fit between the backplate and the wall, but I don’t have that either. Where is the cable supposed to go? Do I need some sort of adapter? Thanks!

Edit: obviously the massive hole in the back is where the wires are supposed to go if they’re in the wall, which mine are not. Nor are a lot of people’s so I can’t be the only one with this problem.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi,

Can you just use some spacers between the backplate and the wall?
A medium sized nut, threaded onto the screw may do it?
Or have a search for 'nylon spacers' :)

on the back plate that screws to the wall there are little tabs that you need to cut out and the cable goes through whichever one you cut out, they are just little flimsy plastic tabs

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back