Hive Single Channel on Worcester Greenstar 28i Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Capture9.PNG

Hi can anyone help with this, I have a single channel hive and I have wired it to the above diagram, it has an existing timer which is set to always on for both Heating and DHW, with the Hive fitted the heating works as it should but the DHW is cold.,

Sponsored Links
but the DHW is cold.,
I can’t see why the hot water would be cold on a combi, unless it didn’t work before you fixed the hive? If so you have a different issue.

You’ve removed the permanent live to the tap connector

Sponsored Links
View attachment 290355

Hi can anyone help with this, I have a single channel hive and I have wired it to the above diagram, it has an existing timer which is set to always on for both Heating and DHW, with the Hive fitted the heating works as it should but the DHW is cold.,
Because you have wired it wrong

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
do you have a cylinder, why have you got a timer with dhw

do you have a cylinder, why have you got a timer with dhw
Oddly, I’ve seen some combi’s with a 2 channel programmer fitted, couldn’t understand it myself.

It did work before and works again if I restore the wiring as was, i thought I will post a pic shortly, I have just turned the hot top on and out comes hot water, o I will leave it for a while to see if the room comes up to temp. I thought maybe the dhw was not working because the radiators where on but that does not seem to be the case, the original programmer is still in place, I think a DT80 with both heating ang dhw lights lit. Will see how it goes it has not worked since I wired the Hive receiver to it.

Here is the pic, this is strange it seems to be working ok now after leaving it alone whilst I had my tea, it is getting a little too warm now so I will restore to normal temp and see how it goes.

Attachments

• IMG_0859[1].JPG
    IMG_0859[1].JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0859[1].JPG
    IMG_0859[1].JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 37
Did you have the hot water set to constant previously?

The settings on there have been been like that for a number of years it is not possible to adjust them. non of the keys do anything at all, the boiler has been on permanently controlled by the room stat, but due the cost of gas, I decided to take more control.
Yes to the water.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back