Hive Single Receiver - Final Connection

It shouldn’t matter which way around, and yes remove old wires altogether, this might be why you got the error code as well. What error code is being displayed?

Sponsored Links
Still showing an error code. I’ve added a picture.

Attachments

• 47888E7B-F141-4353-8791-CDBAB4E6FBDC.jpeg
    47888E7B-F141-4353-8791-CDBAB4E6FBDC.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 67
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
If you look in section 13 commissioning you will see there is a setting "E" for remote control parameter it will be set to 1 at the moment you need to set it to 0.

It is showing an error because when set to 1 it will be trying to connect to the thermostat that you have disconnected.

Then disconnect the old thermostat and connect your Hive 1 and 3 to the volt free contacts (E).

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Well I thought I was on to a winner, but changed to 0, disconnected the current remote, connected Hive into E, fired it up and still showing error. I’ve attached a picture of the final wiring with the hive connected in E, current thermostat removed from F and the parameters set to 0. At a complete loss so any further advice appreciated. Thanks all

Attachments

• AE39D147-49D1-4317-B688-DBA874D5C1F2.jpeg
    AE39D147-49D1-4317-B688-DBA874D5C1F2.jpeg
    341.4 KB · Views: 50
Remove the external control wires and replace the link , with the remote control setting set at 0 do you still get the error message ?

As in remove the remote thermostat wires and put the link in F. Hive wires still in E and set to 0

No remove the external control wires and put the link in E nothing in F and setting to 0 see what happens with the boiler when you set the remote settings to 0 remember and press OK

• Thanks
OK link in E, external wires out of F, set to 0 = Fault

link in E, wires in F, set to 0 and 1= all ok

• Thanks
Still the same though

link in E, external wires out of F and set to 0= Fault.

forget my last sentence about 1 and 0

Then it is definately a boiler setting and nothing to do with the external controls

• Thanks
Yeah certainly appears that way. I’ll have a play about and see if there is anything else obvious. Really appreciate your help. Thanks

Just thinking as a last resort re this issue. Do I need to link hive live to the common and then wire up as previously mentioned. Do you think that’s the issue. Can’t see any other option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back