Hive thermostat wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys
I'm attempting to install the hive thermostat on my own and run into some trouble.

It seems someone else has run into the same problem but their thread is closed and I still can't get it to work so forgive me for repeating.

Ive removed my older thermostat the danfoss 103 and wired in my hive receiver except there is no NC wire to wire in. Can anyone advise what I can do. I've included images of both wiring diagrams for you.

Also what do I have the built in timer set to when using hive, continuous, timer or off? Many thanks for your help

Screenshot_20180721_181743_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20180721_181820_Drive.jpg
20180721_165808.jpg
1532250965964679820259625819339.jpg

Sponsored Links
couldnt be simpler, N&L on hive use 5&6 from existing room stat and 1&3 from existing room stat to 1&3 on hive and set internal timeclock to constantly on, the Hive will over ride it, you dont need a NC on the hive nor does it require to be earthed but it does have a parking terminal for the existing earth cable but doesnt actually do anything

Hi Ianmcd,
This is what I have done, and set the timerclock to constant however this is not working.
I am seeing the light for the heating turn off on the hive but the boiler remains on. I'm not sure where I've gone wrong .
This is how it's looking atm
IMG_20180722_WA0009.jpg

if you remove the hive from the wall plate does the boiler still come on ? if it does there is a wiring problem at the boiler , which boiler do you have ?

Sponsored Links
I've removed the hive so just the wall plate is there and the boiler still comes on.
The boiler is a main combi 30 eco elite

I dont think that the danfoss was actually connected to the boiler , it was probably disconnected when the boiler was fitted and the internal timer used, there would be no point in having 2 timers, if the original wiring is still present at the boiler then you can use that, if not fit the receiver next to the boiler and wire the receiver from the boiler.

I dont think that the danfoss was actually connected to the boiler , it was probably disconnected when the boiler was fitted and the internal timer used, there would be no point in having 2 timers, if the original wiring is still present at the boiler then you can use that, if not fit the receiver next to the boiler and wire the receiver from the boiler.

Hi Ianmcd
So Ive had a look at the boiler inside and posted a photo Below, do you have any idea what wires I'm connecting from the terminal block to the hive?
Thanks
20180724_154659.jpg

terminals 1&2 in the boiler connect to terminals 1&3 on the hive, the existing danfoss still has a 230v supply as it was lighting up when you connected it, it is better if you could take the live and neutral from the boiler to the hive as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back