Hive wiring problems yet again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just purchased a Hive to put on a Ideal combi 24. This is not to replace an existing one but a new install, the live and neutral obviously go into live and neutral on the receiver from a 3 amp spur but where do I take the wires off the boiler to go into the reciever I presume one goes into common and one goes to three on the reciever(heating on(NO)). I have taken them from the two that says room stat on the boiler but nothing seems to happen....

Sponsored Links
I assume it's a single channel Hive. If so: Yes; you use terminals 1 and 3 on the hive backplate.

Remove the wires from the boiler thermostat terminals; link boiler stat terminals together which a short piece of wire. If the boiler lights the problem is not in the boiler. If it doesn't light, the boiler is the problem.

If the boiler is OK, remove the link and replace the hive wires.

Remove hive from backplate; link the two boiler wires together.

If boiler lights - hive is faulty
If boiler does not light - cable from backplate to boiler is the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back