Hive wiring, what is the "common?"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to get the wiring in place for Hive connected to a greenstar 25si.

I can see the hive wiring but it refers to a common.

The boiler does not currently have a working timer or a thermostat connected hence the need for urgent addition of Hive.
A friend is gas safe but snowed under so suggested I get wiring in place and he will remove case and connect up to boiler.

|After watching worcester bosch videos I am none the wiser what is being refered to as common.

I understood live...neutral...switched live.... and a place to secure the earth even though it does not have one.

But this common has my poor brain glowing....

Thanks for any advice

regards Andy T

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Just picked up on this thread.

I am trying to get the wiring in place for Hive connected to a greenstar 25si.

I can see the hive wiring but it refers to a common.

The boiler does not currently have a working timer or a thermostat connected hence the need for urgent addition of Hive.
A friend is gas safe but snowed under so suggested I get wiring in place and he will remove case and connect up to boiler.

|After watching worcester bosch videos I am none the wiser what is being refered to as common.

I understood live...neutral...switched live.... and a place to secure the earth even though it does not have one.

But this common has my poor brain glowing....

Thanks for any advice

regards Andy T
Common = ls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back