Hlp - cutting gyproc sound board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having some trouble cutting the gyproc plasterboard. Which is the best method to do this? The score and snap method has failed so far.

Also I would like to mount an external pattress to the board. Is there a screw / plug type I should use to fix the socket to the board?

I am fitting an external socket (rather than a drywall socket) because this is a soundproofing wall I am fitting in my house.

thanks

Sponsored Links
You can use a dry-wall saw.
"The score and snap method" did you snap the board over a
straight edge?
You can cut in to board to install socket outlets, this is best done prior to fixing the board. But if you do not wish to compromise the soundproofing qualities.
Just stick to the old fashioned method of plug and screw.

I've used a stanley with no problems, just sometimes have to use a rasp to tidy the edge a little, I I always do that anyway for a strength issue.
Might be worth going over with the stanley a couple of times?

The drywall saw is good for socket holes.

I've also used a saw to do a full length - you might find this easier, just saw with little pressure so as not to damage the paper coating

The boards are very strong tbh - Did my entire house with them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back