Hob connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have looked through the FAQ's and this looks like an extremely useful site.

I have a combination hob which has 3 gas burners and a single electric element rated at 2 kw.

What is an approved and convenient way to connect this hob.

The manufacture's instructions (written 15 years ago) state that the hob must be protected by a 15 amp fuse.

There is a conveniently located double socket wired to the ring main and I was considering spurring off to a double pole switch (rating?) and then a cooker connector before the hob.

I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Gordon

Sponsored Links
gordonw said:
I have looked through the FAQ's and this looks like an extremely useful site.

I have a combination hob which has 3 gas burners and a single electric element rated at 2 kw.

What is an approved and convenient way to connect this hob.

The manufacture's instructions (written 15 years ago) state that the hob must be protected by a 15 amp fuse.

There is a conveniently located double socket wired to the ring main and I was considering spurring off to a double pole switch (rating?) and then a cooker connector before the hob.

I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Gordon

You could spur off the ring with 2.5mm cable to a 20 Amp double pole switch and then to a cooker outlet.

But if the load is only 2Kw then you could simply put a 13 amp plug at the end of the Hob cable and plug it in to the double socket.

If you do spur from the ring, use a 13A switched fused spur unit, not a 20A DP switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back