Electric Oven and Gas Hob - Help

AJW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new to this forum and looking for a bit of advice.

I've just replaced my old stand alone gas cooker for a electric cooker and separate gas hob. I have a connector unit just below waist level already on the wall.

Can I connect my oven and gas hob electrical supply through the same connector unit, or do I need a seperate outlet for the gas hob (instructions say to wire through double pole fused spur outlet). The oven instructions say I need a control unit rating of 20 amps, the hob says 3amps.

Also, it say on the oven instructions that the connector unit must not be more than 30cm above the base of the oven recess. Mine is about 50cm. Do I need to move it or will it be ok where it is?

Some advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You have one of these low level

CM2177.jpg

And one of these or similar above

CM2456.jpg

Firstly, I would move the cooker point left or right, so its not located directly above the hob (thats if the hob is going over the oven)

Secondly, my recommendation would be to change the connection unit (low level) for a double socket outlet, then you can plug your oven in (if single oven fan assisted / check rating!) and you can also plug your hob in aswell for the ignition........

Sponsored Links
Thanks, the cooker point is already on the right so its not located directly above the hob.

The oven is a single fan oven with a rating of 230V, is this the rating.

Also do you mean a double connector unit (if there is sucj a thing) or a double 3 pin socket, only the oven and hob don't have a 3-pin plug attached and the instructions say not to use one.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit thick here, it's all very new to me.

Rating should be in watts(W) or kilowatts (kW)

example,

My single fan oven at home is rated at 2800W (2.8kW) so this is ok to go on a 13A plug-top (around 12Amps)

My gas hob only needs an ignition supply around 3Amps so this can go on a 13A plug-top (with 3Amp fuse in of course)

All I have is a double socket outlet mounted low level under the kitchen work-top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back