hob gas pipe in way of new oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The motor and fan have gone on my oven, and it’s small so I want a new one. It’s electric and I have a gas hob.

I had a new one delivered but returned it as, once I pulled out the current oven, the gas pipe for the hob juts out under the counter and the oven therefore sticks out a good couple of inches.

My question is, how do I find an oven with a similar depth to the current one, which has a lowered top to fit around the pipe? Or would it be easier / cheaper to move the gas pipe?

Attachments

• 3E786262-F1FB-4D05-969C-A2F6FD54B0D2.jpeg
    3E786262-F1FB-4D05-969C-A2F6FD54B0D2.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 234
  • F01CACFD-3339-41BA-A547-6200D13629C6.jpeg
    F01CACFD-3339-41BA-A547-6200D13629C6.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 227
  • EE1444AC-A3A6-49D9-816C-04DE1272111D.jpeg
    EE1444AC-A3A6-49D9-816C-04DE1272111D.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 333
Sponsored Links
That's terrible soldering!

Could you have the pipe moved into the back of that cupboard or unit to the left?

Seems it to me too!
That’s why I am asking. I am assuming it can be done, preferably take the bend out and have it straight up; we’d need to cut out the wood to do so.
Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and whether the easiest way to resolve it is to move the pipe.

What about a like for like oven or is it not available anymore?

Sponsored Links
It is too small. I want a double 74L / 42L one as I do a lot of baking and cooking.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
It is too small. I want a double 74L / 42L one as I do a lot of baking and cooking.

Aren't the double ovens usually mounted at eye level, rather than on the floor, under a hob?

Or am I misreading those photos?

Last edited:
Yes they are. But have spoken to Curry’s and they can go on the floor.

Built under double ovens are available, however they do not go 'on the floor', they are supplied with mounting brackets which attach to the cupboards.
If you are replacing a single electric oven, the existing cabinet for a single one will need to be at least partially removed. It's likely that the electrical connection will need to be altered as a double will require significantly more power than a single.

In any event, that gas pipe needs to be moved.

I am aware the gas pipe needs to be moved, hence my original question. I was hoping someone who had come up against the same issue might be able to advise.
And I have been advised differently about the oven. But thanks!

It might be that the gas pipe can be moved so it will not foul the oven. The fittings up top can be changed and the pipe possibly routed to enable this bigger oven.

Built under double ovens are available, however they do not go 'on the floor', they are supplied with mounting brackets which attach to the cupboards.
If you are replacing a single electric oven, the existing cabinet for a single one will need to be at least partially removed. It's likely that the electrical connection will need to be altered as a double will require significantly more power than a single.

In any event, that gas pipe needs to be moved.
Not always the case.

I’ve previously bought two double ovens that were under the counter ones. Both were freestanding on their own legs (which were plinth height)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back