Hob isolation switch

the kitchen is approx. 3m x 3m

the cabling from the CU is already installed underneath concrete and tiles

Sponsored Links
Something that I found out last night about a recent hob fire.

The simmer control switch of an electric hot plate failed leaving the plate permanently ON and the food that should have been simmering caught fire. The isolator for the hobs was in a cupboard but in the panic they couldn't remember exactly where so had to hit the main switch in the consumer unit.

They now have in the redecorated kitchen a "punch to isolate" emergency stop type button in clear view. I believe it isolates all power in the kitchen via contactors as there is also a less accessible reset button.

as long as it's within 2M of the cooker then you could put it on an nearby wall, like the pne behind you when you're stood at the cooker..

I've always thought that an "emergency stop" button by the kitchen door would be a good idea, the chip pan boils over or the washing machine starts to smoke etc, just get out and hit the stop button on your way..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back