Hob type & replacement...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope the attached picture shows it OK, but I have this weird touch-sensitive hob, which probably dates from the early 90's, and was likely considered very state-of-the-art back then.

It works OK, insofar as any touch-sensitive things like that work OK, but as hopefully you can see, at some point in its career somebody has dropped something like a cast iron pan on it, and it has a massive crack.

So I'd like to replace it. Being a pessimistic sort of bloke, I assume two things: (1) they aren't available any more; (2) if I can find one, it will be expensive.

However... does anybody recognise it, and can maybe give me a brand name or something?

And whether I replace it with a similar or different one, I've never done it before, but I assume I pull the fuses, take the oven out, and there will be maybe 4 brackets of some kind securing it to the worktop?

IMAG1330.jpg

Sponsored Links
but I assume I pull the fuses, take the oven out, and there will be maybe 4 brackets of some kind securing it to the worktop?
That's it, usually 4 small clips screwed into the underside.
A few types have a long bracket on each side and the hob just clips into the bracket from above, if it's one of those then a good shove from underneath will release it.

As for make/model - no idea. However when purchasing a new one, the only real consideration is the size of hole in the worktop that is required - either the same as the existing hole, or larger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back