My house is 70s construction: breeze block inner and brick outer.
I was up in my loft the other day, checking out my water tank, and noticed that there was a cricket-ball sized hole nearby in the breeze block gable wall. I could look through and see the brick layer. Presumably a large chunk of mortar has fallen out at some stage, though I couldn't see it on the loft floor anywhere.
I am undecided whether this hole needs filling up? Maybe if I leave it it would provide some fresh air up there, or maybe it would be a channel for warm loft air hitting the cold external brick layer.
I was up in my loft the other day, checking out my water tank, and noticed that there was a cricket-ball sized hole nearby in the breeze block gable wall. I could look through and see the brick layer. Presumably a large chunk of mortar has fallen out at some stage, though I couldn't see it on the loft floor anywhere.
I am undecided whether this hole needs filling up? Maybe if I leave it it would provide some fresh air up there, or maybe it would be a channel for warm loft air hitting the cold external brick layer.
