Hole in Kitchen Floor Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help, ive recently bought some ceramic floor tiles to lay in my kitchen. The majority of the floor surface is level, but there is a patch at the back of the kitchen (which used to be a open hearth) which was botch cemented over years ago, it would be impossible to lay the tiles on such an uneven surface, so I decided to take up the concrete......big mistake!, now I have a hole at the end of my kitchen aprox 7inches deep by about two maybe two and a half foot in length. At the moment it is still full of rubble and smashed cement, can anyone give me any tips on how to fill this hole....wether i should put something in it first, which kind of cement is best to use, its in a corner wall, should i try and fill it with bricks or rubble before adding cement or take everything out first and then re-cement. I'm no builder by trade but I reakon I could do the job myself....any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
it would be wise to remove the rubble and ensure the sub base is compact.
evenly spread a bucket full of soft sand over the area to be concreted.
lay some 1200 gauge polythene in the trough.
fill with concrete and trowel finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back