hole next to drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
View media item 29378 View media item 29379
Hi there,
after clearing alot of snow off the drain on Christmas eve, i discovered that a hole has appeared next to the drain. but as it is not connected to the underground drain pipe in anyway any water just absorbs into the ground.
i have put a flat rock and cover over the hole it to try and keep it as dry as possible, and as it is a rented property i have contacted my letting agency, who im waiting to hear back from.

i was just wondering what may have caused this to happen, i was a a bit concerned it might end up getting bigger?

if it is of any help the drain area is at an angle all the way round so is lower than the rest of the path, if you need anymore pictures just let me know

thanks for your help :)
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Looks like a void has appeared under the concrete, possible through ground shrinkage over the years. The cold has got to the concrete, causing a piece to break away. Fill it in, and concrete over to seal, doesnt look like too much to worry about. If the concrete hadnt broken away you'd be none the wiser!

I'd start to worry if the house develops major cracks, but even then if you're renting its the landlord's problem.....

Unless there are known to be disused mine workings in the vicinity I dont think you've anything to worry about. ;)

Sponsored Links
check for furry friends that might not be small furry friends !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back