Hole on concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I have a 1970's bungalow we have been in for 6 months, all the floors are concrete. I have suspected a leak around the kitchen water inlet pipe through the floor and also in the bathroom, when I removed the kitchen, I found a hole which I filled with waterproof concrete from B&Q. The suspected water leak is under investigation from HomeServe, the floor is a different colour where I filled it, it looks wet but isn't.

A couple of weeks ago I removed the bath panel and found the bath waste trap hadn't been tightened properly and was dripping badly when the bath emptied and judging by the rusted feet on the bath had been doing so for years, the walls and floor have all dried out nicely now with the help of a fan heater.

There was a strange stain on the outside wall of the bathroom, so today I have removed the boxing in behind the toilet and found the reason, water has obviously run along the concrete floor, down the hole and seeped through the brick.

Should I just fill the hole again with waterproof concrete, the floor is above the brick damp proof membrane as can be seen in one of the photos or should I put some DPM by the brickwork before filling the hole?

I can't think of any reasons for the holes and the rest of the bungalow seems dry.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
20211003_183740.jpg
20211003_182037.jpg
20211003_180559.jpg

Attachments

• 20211003_180610.jpg
    20211003_180610.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 55
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back