Hole to deep to plaster?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Quick question. Are these holes too big to simply fill in with plaster? If so, what should I do?
I have included photos but first one is about 22cm by 10 second one bigger!
Thanks

Attachments

• 1592145889301..jpg
    1592145889301..jpg
    508 KB · Views: 204
  • 1592145913777..jpg
    1592145913777..jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 211
Sponsored Links
Mortar/backing plaster. Doesn’t look like uk? Copper pipes and potentially electrics could do with better protection

Thanks, good spot, It is in Spain. How would I give It better protection?

Also would I use mortar then plaster on top, or just use mortar fo the whole gap?

Sponsored Links
Electrics - no idea what the regs in Spain are, but in the uk you’d normally cap the unprotected cream coloured cable and run it either horizontally or vertically from the outlet, not random diagonally
Pipes - cement corrodes copper eventually. Normally wrap them in tape or otherwise protect them.
Plaster or mortar - no idea what normal practice is in Spain but I’d use whatever you can get your hands on. It’s unlikely not to work. Assuming the final wall finish is then plaster skim or tiles over the top...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back