Holes around downlight fitting after replacment.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Replaced a few downlight fittings as I couldn't open them to replace the bulbs, guess the fitting had fused together or something!?

On removing the old fitting the ceiling was slightly damaged and there is a slight hole around the new fitting (see pic).

I have tried using some pollyfilla but cant get a nice finish and looks a mess. Is their a better way to fix this? I see you can buy a bigger downlight fitting which would cover it up but they seem to be a lot bigger than the standard size and not an extra 3cm or so which I require.

Any other suggestions?

Many Thanks

Rob

Sponsored Links
You can squirt a bit of dec caulk into hole and smooth with a damp cloth or remove and repair damage with filler before re-instating.

If luck is on your side, you might get away with pushing the fitting to the right covering the gap.

Sponsored Links
I would push a little bit of plaster in there, then sand and repaint. Its far tougher than filler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back