Holes in the walls!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have a couple of rather large and deep holes in the walls of our bedroom after new electric sockets have been put in. What can I use to fill them - they appear a bit big for Polyfilla, and I'm not sure about using that foam in a can stuff over wiring. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks

Sponsored Links
you can get patching plaster from most diy sheds - just add water and errr.... patch (i suppose)

if it's not very smooth when you've finished a quick sand should suffice - as for the expanding foam i keep well away from that stuff unless it's going to be used somewhere that's not very prominent.

if the hole is really deep you might have to build up the layers of plaster/patching plaster until you've filled it up..

hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. Presumably it is ok to do this over the wiring?

no, the wiring should be protected by capping, avaialable from sheds or electrical wholesalers

Sponsored Links
use a piece of oversized plasterboard.fix it into the back side of it with gripfill and float over the top.if done properly,it will not be seen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back