Holiday apartment re-fit costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd appreciate any suggestions regarding likely costs from anyone with any experience in such matters. I understand that with the information given only very generalised approximations are the best I could hope for, but don't let that bother you as I'm only after ball-park figures at the moment.

The subject building is built from stone (Lake District) and is roughly the size of a typical 4 bed house. It is good structurally. At the moment it is divided into 4 one bedroom self-contained apartments, two down two up with upstairs accessed via external wooden steps and landing.

It is a very old and tired conversion, well past its 'sell by' date and the E7 heating is on it's last legs.

So, I would plan on converting it into two larger apartments. Starting from scratch it will need a new heating system(s), two new kitchens and two new bathrooms and two staircases and associated alterations. It also needs re-wiring as a consequence of the work. Probably a fair amount of fresh plaster work too prior to decoration

Any ideas for labour and materials?

Julian

Sponsored Links
I will do it. Well less that £60k :)

Get in contact. Where in Cumbria is the job?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. The job is question would be a few miles north of Kendal just off the A6, but it's just more of an exercise as a consequence of some properties we're looking at. There's actually a potentially even bigger job on the cards now on another property we looked at nearer the Sedbergh area but a meeting with the Yorkshire Dales National Park people needed first. Cheers

Julian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back