Holiday!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite my bestest griping and moaning it looks as if I may have to go on holiday this year. My suggestion of Butlins in Skegness was dismissed with a look that said ' pursue that line any further and nuptials are suspended permanently'. Even the kids have said that they want to go on a plane, but they see them flying overhead so often I can't see what the attraction is.
Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions for decent locations for family holidays. Two kids aged 9 and 6 so nowhere too wild. Disneyworld is not an option. In the meantime I'm going to try and persuade wor lass that it may be a good idea if she just went with her mother.

Sponsored Links
Hmmm. Now is that because it's a decent family holiday destination or are you pitching me a red herring for the bowel jibes. I'll look into it anyway. Thanks.

Mallorca, I had my first overseas hol there with the kids. The flight time is ok, Depart almost any UK airport its a nice plenty to do & see. There are some lively spots so read the brochures.

Sponsored Links
solo said:
Hmmm. Now is that because it's a decent family holiday destination or are you pitching me a red herring for the bowel jibes.
solo, notwithstanding that such mean tricks aren't my style, I have no problem with the bowel jibes. In fact, I'm rather pleased when I find other people with a keen eye and well-honed sense of humour - all powr to you.

Mallorca is relatively hot, close, safe and unspoilt (except for Magaluf :rolleyes:). It's not cheap anymore, but you can't have everything.

How about: De Efteling?
You can fly to an airfield nearby (flying experience), park is real treat for any age, other activities (cycling, boating, cities etc) are all close by.

Just updating. Wife and I have spent the best part of Saturday online looking at holidays. I'm ready to kill. At this rate I'm going to need a holiday just to get over the pressure of booking one. Skeggy here I come.

I think everyone must try a canal boat holiday,at least once in their life, so relaxing and carefree, and i'm a stress head with everything!

I agree with Softus. Even Magaluf is nice in the Spring and Autumn. It's pretty lively for the kids too. There's a lovely train trip from Palma to Soller that I'd love to make again. It goes round and round the terraced hills. It's not too long either. The kids would love it. Has anyone ever been on it?

joe-90 said:
I agree with Softus. Even Magaluf is nice in the Spring and Autumn. It's pretty lively for the kids too. There's a lovely train trip from Palma to Soller that I'd love to make again. It goes round and round the terraced hills. It's not too long either. The kids would love it. Has anyone ever been on it?
Yup - I have, and it was proper gorge[ous]. :)

There's also a dizzy mountain road that goes across the north of the island from Soller over to Pollensa - made me feel like Malcolm Wilson. :eek:

Some great driving down the west coast from Soller to Port Andratx and back to Magaluf/Palma Nova ... Providing that you like windy mountain roads that is :LOL:
If you look carefully you'll see some fab villas, one of which belongs to Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones ... Keep your eyes on the road though ;)

Well we're booked. Villa with private pool in Menorca. Don't ask me how. I think I just got that sick, I'd have gone for two weeks in a tent in a field somewhere. Well as long as the kids enjoy it......and they'd better. Now where's me passport?

Nice one solo - I don't think you'll regret it. Hope you have a great time.

Sponsored Links
Back