Holophanes

As far as I know the standard setup for lights in the US and Canada is a round box sunk into the wall or ceiling, with two #6-32 UNC threaded lugs for fixing the light. There are special ceiling fan boxes rated for the weight of. ceiling fan.

You need some kind of bracket or plate that lets you screw these lights to the box. Depending on the weight of the light you may need to open the ceiling and replace the box for a fan one. You also need to devise a way of connecting the light to that plate or bracket, e.g. a threaded tube. All that‘s more of a metalworking question rather than an electrical one.

Sponsored Links
All that‘s more of a metalworking question rather than an electrical one.
Yeah, I'm beginning to realise that. I think we'll have to pass on this project and find similar lighting that is made to be more straight forward to install rather than trying to modify this for home use without knowing enough about what we're doing or having to do important changes to our ceiling to make it work.
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Ballasts were often separately mounted away from the light fitting.
True but the point is there doesn’t seem to be a ballast connected at the moment, which means that the socket could be connected straight to the mains supply and any lamp intended for that purpose would work (LED, incandescent or compact fluorescent if you still happened to have some of those around).

Back