United Kingdom
Hi
I'm looking for a cctv system for my home. I want
4 cameras
it to record on a hard drive
To be able to view it from my iphone
Have night vision
And to have good quality cameras what can see number plates
I was looking at a swann one for £250 on ebay what looked good but some reviews says you can't see faces or number plates. (So you just get to watch them not catch them) could anyone give me some advise please as I no nothing about cctv
Many thanks
Lee

Sponsored Links
stay clear of swann have fitted 2 for customers ( they supplied kit ) both failed (harddrive within 6 months )..

all down to buget really a half decent dvr around £200 cameras £60-100 power supply for camera £10 each, just one point its ok having 700tvl cameras BUT dvrs cant record at 700 tvl samsung have just brought out a dvr that can record at 650 tvl.

Sponsored Links
all down to buget really a half decent dvr around £200 cameras £60-100 power supply for camera £10 each, just one point its ok having 700tvl cameras BUT dvrs cant record at 700 tvl samsung have just brought out a dvr that can record at 650 tvl.

What's best package for about £300 with 4 cameras bud?

I'm sure some of the guy's on here who install them day in and day out will be along soon to offer some advice.

I have only installed a couple of systems, both have been Hikvision DVR's and Qvis cameras. Both systems working well. but I'm sure you will get plenty of some helpful advice

Definitely steer clear of Swann cameras. My two are going on EBay, there is always some mug out there!

That said I was mug enough to buy them from Maplins!!

I have just got two Qvis 700tvl dome camera, first impressions are very good. Only £36 each.

The swans were replaced by two 700tvl domes from cctvdirect.co.uk at £59 each plus vat plus cable and psu. These are a lot better than the swann carp.

The qvis cameras now give me a 4 camera system.

The swann dvr has been fine, no problems at all with it, and I have had it since last August

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back