Home Intruder alarm Battery replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone
i need to replace my backup home burglar alarm battery only after 2 years. i believe these usually should last about 5 years.

anyway my current one is on the link below which is a 12v 2.1Ah

it did not last so i want to go for something else. i found the below on Toolstation but its a 2.3Ah. link below

my questions is, will the 2.3Ah be ok to replace the current one which is 2.1Ah?

thank you

Sponsored Links
The size of the battery depends on make and model of control panel.
What alarm panel have you got.
Battery life is usually between 3-5 yrs.
What is the voltage output of the battery leads from panel,this can affect the life of battery.
Position of control panel can also reduce life of battery if panel is in loft, airing cupboard etc.

thank you for the reply. please see picture. my question though is will the 2.3Ah be a suitable replacement for the current 2.1Ah please?

Attachments

• alarm panel.jpg
    alarm panel.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Yes that's fine.
2.1-2.3ah is the only battery to fit your 9448.
Your battery charging voltage may be high this could by why you only replaced your existing battery 2 yrs ago.This is a common issue with that control panel.

Sponsored Links
thank you so much. i have just replaced it with the yucel so hopefully 3-4year of peace and no more internal alarms. thank you. appreciated

What makes you think it’s the battery ? Have you dropped the power ( mains 240 supply ) to the alarm after fitting the new battery to check it takes over ok ?

Yes it takes over ok and panel reset with green light so hopefully no more internal alarms. Thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back