Home office fitted furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am after fitted office furniture for DIY fitting but struggle to find suppliers.
Essentially like kitchen base units, plinths and wall units, but at desk height.

Any suggestions where I can buy the carcass and doors?

Oxford

Sponsored Links
I am after fitted office furniture for DIY fitting but struggle to find suppliers.
Essentially like kitchen base units, plinths and wall units, but at desk height.

Any suggestions where I can buy the carcass and doors?
For the doors I'd suggest HPP in Oldham - they have their own CNC shop and vinyl wrapping presses and produce quite a range of doors, etc for both kitchens and bedrooms. Their doors are available made-to-size. For carcassing why not consider pre-banded MFC (melamine faced chipboard already edge banded) from the same source and then assemble your own? HPP sell a range of materials in a range of widths and can cut accurately to length from standard 8ft lengths to your cutting list. They also sell handles, hinges, shelf pegs, etc, Sadly the shop is now Monday to Friday only

Not an employee, just a satisfied customer from the past

Thanks
I found a couple of door places.
The main thing was the carcass leg and plynths.
I'm not really skilled/tooled up to make them.

I can't find where all these places source them from. I'd have though Travis Perkins, B&Q etc might sell them.
I did think about cuting down kitchen units but that seemed a bit of a bodge.

Sponsored Links
I converted my garage a while back when I done a 2 story extension above, I used https://m.officefurnitureonline.co.uk to kit it out, as they have a very large variety of desks lengths, depths, styles, cabinets, bookshelves, filing cabinets that all match.

I gave them the dimensions of the room and told them the desks I like and what items I wanted and they designed it for me with proofs and the actually style of desks I wanted included free build, installation and placing them. Which was a bonus

FB_IMG_1512590375956.jpg

FB_IMG_1512590379731.jpg

Milton Keynes

The main thing was the carcass leg and plynths.
I'm not really skilled/tooled up to make them.
In metal I'd suggest you try Hafele or Hettich (who are actually in Manchester), etc or possibly an architectural ironmongers such as Laidlaws or Marches or Isaac Lord in High Wycombe - heck, even Ironmongery Direct has an office fittings section. These firms can supply feet, legs, pen trays, file hanging systems, hinges, drawer runners, cable knock-outs (although I'd also look at the Trend catalogue if I were you), locking systems, etc.

If you are looking for components in timber I think you'll be pretty much out of luck, though, because they don't really sell to the firms in the area who manufacture office furniture (and in the North West there are some of the big boys, like Senator)

I did think about cuting down kitchen units but that seemed a bit of a bodge.
Well, you are into special sizes - and for that making your own is the only way to go - hence my suggestion (assuming that you are in Manchester) that a visit to the HPP site would be useful. Basically office furniture is just a series of boxes. And making a box isn't that difficult TBH

If you'd like the pleasure of learning how to do this yourself and making your own stuff then keep asking questions. This is a DIY forum and there are quite a few tradesmen on here who will happily help you. Otherwise you could always buy from Scott's friends (or maybe his firm) - but it may well cost you a fair bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you assume this is my friends or even my firm? I am a little offended by that.

It may have read like an advert after reading it back, but its not I can assure you that.

Last edited:
Then you have a thin skin; less than 10 posts and what could be construed as advertising a finished product in response to the OP's requests for info on where to source materials - hence my suspicions, especially as I am a tradesman and feel that it would be unethical to use responses to posts to further my own financial ends. Not everyone coming here is as scrupulous, especially firs offering kitchens, bedrooms, fitted furniture, etc

That's quite sceptical to assume that just as a newbie thats my intention. And I know people do that. But as I said, I agree the wording in my post does read a little like that, which was not my intention so, I appoligise if it came across like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back