Homecare & Boilermates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this is a stupid question..

Are Gledhill Boilermates/Thermal Stores covered by British Gas Homecare agreements? I've read some conflicting reports on this.

Sponsored Links
who would be the best people to ask?

do you think it could possibly be...

Thanks for nothing, just what a newbie on a forum needs... the scarcastic guy.

I did ask them before trying this forum, but the nice scottish lady had never heard of a gledhill or a thermal store.

I don't know, but I would guess money grabbers like BG will cover anything for the right price.

I would guess it would be included under one of their full 3* contracts.

Wait till one of the BG guys come on here later. They should know ;)

Sponsored Links
Sorry Steve, but yes, it is a rather silly question. The only people who can answer that are bg. Unfortunately, one of their downsides is that they are good at getting your money, a lot less good when it comes to solving your problems. The good news is that they are very good at explaining why you have paid hundreds of pounds over the years without them fixing your problem when you call them out, so at least you don’t feel bad.
Do a search on the forum about bg and service/quality and decide after that if you want to give them a couple of hundred quid a year.

The problem with BG is that they are a massive company and only the bad jobs are reported publicly.

Unfortunately a lot of their engineers are not up to the standard of the BG engineers who post on here :mad:

If you go with them, hopefully you will get a good one in your area ;)

depends entirely on the problem that the boilermate is presenting.

if its down to water quality then you are no better off than anyone else with mud for water......not covered after the initial reporting of said sludge.

im destined to repeat this for the rest of my days....read your terms and conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back