Homeserve boiler problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you really want a cheap boiler with a long warranty then get a Ferolli.

Funny though, I charge exactly the same to install any make of boiler as there is the same amount of work involved regardless of the brand.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I hate the filling loop in the Baxi/Potty/Main combis. They pizz out & the connecting rubber washers are pants!!
Fitted a load of Potty Promax Ultras & most of them leaked at the filling loop.

Well you really want a cheap boiler with a long warranty then get a Ferolli.

Funny though, I charge exactly the same to install any make of boiler as there is the same amount of work involved regardless of the brand.

Tony

Now this has got to be one of your stand-up jokes??!!!

I have a trusted installer who did job for me 10 years ago. I'm thinking of choosing a Vokera 25KW Vision with 5-7 year warranty or a Main ECo elite 25Kw. The cost Vokera is £568 with flue and Main is £598 plus flue £69. Main has a 5 yr warranty. My installer said that Vokera will refuse claims as they make excuses that it wasnt installed properly etc and you'll end up with problems with boiler and warranty. Whereas the Main although more expensive will last more than 10 years. The 5 year warranty with Main will be honoured he says. The 2 year extra warranty and £100 cheaper is quite tempting.... what are your thoughts??. I still have to pay labour on top so is there any other boiler worth looking at.?

They'll only say that if it is installed incorrectly. I work for Vokera.

Sponsored Links
When I mentioned that top guys would expect to earn £45k that was meant to mean a basic salary and not extras like working weekends and overtime. It might suit someone in their 20s with a big mortgage and young kids but someone in their 40s would probably like a more relaxed working life.

To get £45K, as SE, you need to earn £200 per day EVERY day for 46 weeks AFTER overheads,(inc tube and bus fares :)),
I don't see how your business model allows that, obviously ignoring other income sources.

After some thought bought a Main eco elite combi 25 for £630 including flue, loop and clock.
Picked it today and will install Tuesday. Could have got it for £599 online but it was urgent.
The labour is £400 inc materials.
Will also get 2 free cp12 and services included. Cheapest install I got was £250 but that was someone who gets estate agent referrals and I've never had work done by him. My chap has installed boilers in my house for over 12 yrs now. Never had issues so I can trust him. However his clean up jobs after install are bit below standard.

They'll only say that if it is installed incorrectly. I work for Vokera.
I have no direct connection with Vokera now , and I can assure you recently I was involved in a terrible install, which couldnt have had much more wrong with it , Vokera however covered the warranty even though the boiler had never been registered and replaced parts that I would never expect a manufacturer to replace with such a poor installation, dont kid yourself, all manufacturers that are giving out daft warranty's are looking for ways out of their obligation, I would never have honoured the warranty on that job but fair play to Vokera they did

I have no direct connection with Vokera now , and I can assure you recently I was involved in a terrible install, which couldnt have had much more wrong with it , Vokera however covered the warranty even though the boiler had never been registered and replaced parts that I would never expect a manufacturer to replace with such a poor installation, dont kid yourself, all manufacturers that are giving out daft warranty's are looking for ways out of their obligation, I would never have honoured the warranty on that job but fair play to Vokera they did
If only you had replied earlier ... I have bought Main. 2 years more warranty and £70 cheaper wasn't meant to be. I don't expect problems with Main but don't like the fact you have to pay a refundable deposit every time you call them out. How much is that ??

If only you had replied earlier ... I have bought Main. 2 years more warranty and £70 cheaper wasn't meant to be. I don't expect problems with Main but don't like the fact you have to pay a refundable deposit every time you call them out. How much is that ??
Afraid that a few Manufacturers going down that road, personally I think it is terrible , unfortunately though most will follow the same suit

some people just don't listen :rolleyes: , but hey , its cheaper (y)

Well at least you're going with a guy you regularly use & can trust.
Just ensure he tries to clean the system water & fits a filter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back