Honda 476 x replace fuel tap ?

I find jubilee clips useless on smaller diameter pipes, they tend to bunch the pipe up and cause more leaks than they solve. Instead I use a tool I made myself as a copy of a semi- commercial item. It uses pieces of iron wire doubled up to form a loop around the pipe, the gadget then pushes on the looped end, whilst pulling on the two open ends to tighten it, before folding it over to lock it in place.

A similar idea to this -

I use the galvanised wire from armoured cable armouring.

Think it's time to sell/ give way for a Mountfield or something else

Sponsored Links
I find jubilee clips useless on smaller diameter pipes, they tend to bunch the pipe up and cause more leaks than they solve. Instead I use a tool I made myself as a copy of a semi- commercial item. It uses pieces of iron wire doubled up to form a loop around the pipe, the gadget then pushes on the looped end, whilst pulling on the two open ends to tighten it, before folding it over to lock it in place.

A similar idea to this -
I use JCS mini clips which have the continuous steel band rather than the threaded jubilee - which I agree aren’t for small diameter stuff.
John :)

I use the galvanised wire from armoured cable armouring.

Think it's time to sell/ give way for a Mountfield or something else
The big problem with your 476 is in fact the hydrostatic drive.....once that starts to slow down then its really game over.
Mountfield have used Briggs and Honda engines in the past, now they use their own Chinese make which is inferior in any way.
If you are really upset with your carburettor, maybe GHS Ltd can provide a replacement.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back