Honda Accord 2004 rear ABS sensor removal problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have removed the rear offside wheel, taken the 10mm bolt out that holds the sensor and pulled but the sensor does not slide out? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
nothing, they get stuck in there pretty well. you need to spray in plenty of wd40 or some other releasing agent and let it soak in maybe overnight.
if its in there good and tight it may even break when you try to remove it

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, sounds like a job for next weekend then after I have been to the shops for some releasing agent. I have already pulled with long nose pillers and pipe grips so I will just have to hope that releasing fluid does the trick.

Stephen

Be prepared for it breaking and having to drill it out. It won't be the first time I've seen that happen.

I really hope I do not have to drill it out because there really is not much room to get a drill in there.

Stephen

Thanks as I do not have any releasong fluid now, any advice on a good one is appreciated.

Regards Stephen

Crap, the PlusGas dId not work. Now I will have to drill it all out. Is there not a danger that I will damage what is inside? Do I need to strip the hub down to do this?

Reagrds to all.

If its an aluminium hub it has no doubt corroded so drilling it out will probably be your only option. You need to be able to get inside to remove the debris, I am not familier with your hub assembly but on a Citroen I did the bearing carrier was bolted in.

Peter

try tapping the sensor around on its plastic casing using a hammer and small chisel, it may just need the initial releasing from the corrosion
plenty of plus gas too

Good idea. Now that the top has come off I can get some PlusGas right inside and just keep topping it up. My other plan is to put lots of plus gas in there, screw a screw into it so that I have something decent to pull on and try and lever it out or maybe use some pulling device.

Keep the ideas coming.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back