Honda civic 1998 Heating switch not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The 2 first positions don't work . The fan will only work on the 3rd and forth positions which I find quite noisy
I have checked the fuse box in case there was a different circuits for the first 2 but I could only find one which make sense really

I'm suspecting the switch itself but if there is anyone out there with some more information it will be very helpful..Thank you

Sponsored Links
There is normally a resistor unit in series with the fan, each switch position shorts a section of it out, on full speed its not in circuit, I expect it has gone o/c and needs replacing.,

The 2 first positions don't work . The fan will only work on the 3rd and forth positions which I find quite noisy
I have checked the fuse box in case there was a different circuits for the first 2 but I could only find one which make sense really

I'm suspecting the switch itself but if there is anyone out there with some more information it will be very helpful..Thank you

Is your Civic the Rover 400 lookin one? 100% certain its the fan resistor switch behind the glovebox. I have the 1.8 Vti and I've been through 3 of them already and my car is 11 years old :evil:

They are about 20 odd quid from the dealers and fitting is fairly straight forward.

Let me know if you need fitting instructions as I can get them.

Sponsored Links
Back