honda

Sponsored Links
if that was a disc would be deal of the century :LOL:

And cheap enough for pads for an R. expecially from main dealer.

Some ferrodo 2500s are like 100 quid but are way better for serious attackige :evil:

I would keep an eye on those brakes. Getting uneven wear like that especially after just 2 years don't sound good to me. One of the calipers isn't releasing properly.

Sponsored Links
What about the disc? Doesn't it need skimming/ replacing?

My old Xantia was bought with 5K on clock. At 12K, the STOP light came on. Rang dealer. Told to bring it in next morning. OK to drive 30 miles in the meantime? Yes.

Got to the dealer the next morning. Sorry, discs are scored, pads down to metal, want £192/side to fix.

Went mental. What's the point of having a "warning" light that comes on too late?

In the end I rang CS in Slough and had a bawling argument down the dog with them. It certainly looked good to the other customers as the guy I complained to offered me the phone in the showroom, not a side office...

Eventually, I reluctantly agreed. Citroen would pay for discs, I would pay for pads. Complained that neither should fail at 12K, but that was their final offer. Love the cars, the dealers are a bunch of winkers.

Sparky it just shows ya the contempt they have for the public. I was a taxi driver for 15 years and did most of my own repairs. I would expect 12k from a set of pads bought from the local spares shop. Anything over that was a bonus. However you not being a taxi I would expect a lot more than 12k from a set of pads.
To put it in to perspective I drive a 3yr old VW I have owned the car just over 12 months done 11500 miles with it, no probs at all with the pads. Don't know the condition of the pads when I bought the car , or when they were last changed. But I do know the pad are still good. Therefore I can only assume Citroen are fitting cheap pads at manufacture or the last owner of the car was an ex taxi driver with a lead boot.

Nothing to do with Honda's,but as you are talking brake pad life,thought this might surprise you.My wifes Zafira,now 4 years old and 65000 miles,is still on it's original front discs and pads. It's a 2.0 diesel and does not have an easy life.The discs are wearing and will probably have to go come mot time.Pads are about half worn.Rear pads were changed at 48000.

:oops: :oops:

My citroen dispatch van at 50k miles has had 1 set of discs ans 3 sets of front pads.. :p :p

Dont even ask about the integra :!:

But hey fast in fast out is my motto :D

yes2mud said:
My wifes Zafira,now 4 years old and 65000 miles,is still on it's original front discs and pads.The discs are wearing and will probably have to go come mot time.Pads are about half worn.Rear pads were changed at 48000.

This sounds very suspect to me, 4yrs & 65k and the fronts are still original and yet the rears were replaced at 48k :eek: Very strange when you think the rears will normally outlive the fronts by at least 50% given that the fronts encounter 70% of the braking force. Not saying i disbelieve you but it does seem odd.

I my experience, neither brake wear indicator lights or low oil warning lights ever do anything. My clio has obviously worn it's pads out, but the only indicator that it did this is the roaring sounding on braking, surely it can't be that hard to make an effective brake wear indicator?

Hi Millerman,You are right,it is odd that the rear brakes wore out well before the fronts.It has had dealer service to maintain the warranty,and mid term checks and oil changes done by me.There has never been any evidence of brake drag or any other reason for wear at the rear,other than the pads are smaller than up front.It's possible the dealers techs found and rectified a bit of handbrake drag without mentioning it,but I doubt it.

Sponsored Links
Back