Vectra brake problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas anyone....when I brake on my 2001 vectra if feels as though the pads are worn down and scoring the disc...I had the front pads replaced 8 months ago and problem continued.also ABS light comes on..went to a major exhaust/brake tyre centre and explained the problems discovered ........fitter (who you cant get quicker than) showed me the rear discs which was scored slightly and pads which was ok but about 6 months left...agreed to get new discs and pads on rear....so car has now new pads all around and new discs on rear....brakes still feel as though they are scoring the disc also squeeling a bit and ABS light still on............................already cost me dearly

Sponsored Links
you've replaced all but front discs, what condition are they in? as regards abs light this is usually a wheel sensor which is fitted only to the front brakes.

As I said the fron discs have been replcaed about 8 months ago...not to bothered about the abs light.........its just when I am braking it feels as though its metal on metal

As I said the fron discs have been replcaed about 8 months ago...not to bothered about the abs light.........its just when I am braking it feels as though its metal on metal

you said the pads were replaced 8 months ago...not the discs. which is it?

Sponsored Links
Three reasons for brake squeal - the brake pads and calipers are full of dust,
The pads themselves haven't any coppaslip grease on the backs when they were put in
The discs have a glazed surface due to them being overheated at some time.
The ABS problem could be severed wires to the wheel sensors, dirty reluctor rings on drive shafts or stub axles or a sensor being defective - and you'll need to check all 4 wheels.
Cheers John

Back