Honda HRX 426 drive chain Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi the chain to the rear roller snapped I have a new chain but can't work out how it's routed around the tensioner and roller etc. It ends up that the chain rubs on the tensioner bracket the has the spring on it. Any help or advise where to look as I can not find anything on the net.

TIA

Ian

Sponsored Links
The part number for the chain should be 23853-VG8-851, I think.
Have you got the tensioner roller rubbing on the outside of the chain, depressing the chain inwards?
John :)

Hi John that is the part number I have. The problem I have is the metal bracket that holds the 2 rollers and the tension spring is rubbing the chain I think It's just a case of routing the chain correctly. Going out for another go fingers crossed lol

Ian, if you visit diyspareparts.com you'll find exploded diagrams - which could help you. Make sure any spacers are in the correct place, and the spring is connected the right way round.

Sponsored Links
Thanks John all back up and running easy once you have pictures or diagrams

No idea John the mower has not done a lot of work it's about 3 years old now my lawn is nice and level etc I must admit when it went I was surprised as it's quiet a hefty chain. Maybe a faulty link on the chain. Weakest link and all that but like I said all up and working again. Thanks again

Could well be.....I have noticed some chains have a split roller rather than a solid one. Absolutely crap engineering!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back