Honda Jazz boot light faulty

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2007 Jazz, boot light bulb was black so changed it, still not working , fuse ok .
Read there is a switch connected to boot opening which should turn it on but can’t find any info on where this is or how to access and check.
Interior centre Light doesn’t work when doors are open either, not sure if that’s just a bulb or linked to boot light failure.Front driver and passenger lights work ok.

Sponsored Links
The fuse is OK, but is power going to the fuse? You have to trace the wires to find out which bits have no power. Use a multimeter.

Not sure what you mean by front driver and passenger lights. Inside in footwell ? The switch is likely to be part of the boot catch but not had a jazz boot light issue before that I can recall

The fuse is OK, but is power going to the fuse? You have to trace the wires to find out which bits have no power. Use a multimeter.
The fuse cover numerous items which all work apart from boot lamp.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you mean by front driver and passenger lights. Inside in footwell ? The switch is likely to be part of the boot catch but not had a jazz boot light issue before that I can recall
Reading lights over head both front seats.

If the obvious points have been looked at - bulb terminals or whatever - I think this could be a bit of a nightmare.
I know the Civic has lamps operated by the boot lock, but these are timed so as not to flatten the battery. I'd guess the Jazz is the same.
Therefore there is an interior lighting module, a central locking module and a 7.5A fuse.....that's a bit of an odd ball.
Usually interior lamps have a live feed but only work when the earth is applied, but I wouldn't know if that is the case here.
The hatch wiring is a good start, shift the grommets and look and feel for severed conductors in there.
A bit like the post on the Zafira central locking.......I'd be heading for a an auto electrical technician for both of these faults.
Be lucky, Foxy!
John :)

2007 Jazz, boot light bulb was black so changed it, still not working , fuse ok .
Read there is a switch connected to boot opening which should turn it on but can’t find any info on where this is or how to access and check.
Interior centre Light doesn’t work when doors are open either, not sure if that’s just a bulb or linked to boot light failure.Front driver and passenger lights work ok.
The Dome light may be switched off - check the slide switch on the light.

Sponsored Links
Back