Honeywell accenta alarm siren box chirping?......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any ideas here?

Alarms working fine , however every 2 - 3 weeks we get this chirping noise , initially thought it was smoke alarm battery’s needing replacement... however , tracked it to the alarm siren box.... then goes ok for 2-3 weeks , then comes back , ... it makes the noise when the alarms not armed...... maybe lasts 10 mins .... then goes. .... Googled it can’t find anything relating to random noises coming from the box..... before I buy a replacement siren box, is there anything simple it could be, or is it not the box ? And maybe the control panel

Sponsored Links
Faulty bellbox battery or low supply to bellbox , check control panel voltages first ....is the bellbox like a bar of soap with a blue strobe at each end ?

Ok thanks for reply , bell box is as per picture, sort of a half round shape with strobe along the bottom.. dump question , is there a battery in the bell box? In case of it being tampered with? If so any idea what replacement battery I would need to get

Attachments

• B69958EA-C7D5-4128-8E1C-53F9ABFC3E88.png
    B69958EA-C7D5-4128-8E1C-53F9ABFC3E88.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 172
Ok reason 8 bellbox ....still check panel charging voltage , no point changing bellbox if panel faulty...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply, panel charging voltage ? How do I do that ? Actually in the bell box or on the control panel, is it easier to replace the rechargeable battery or just get a replacement bell box ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back